What Do IDUHA Programs Provide?
IDUHA programs operate across the five burroughs of New York City providing life-saving supply provision, education and services to over 27,000 injection drug using individuals on a yearly basis. Programs themselves are varied in the types of people they serve and environment in which they work, but all programs operate with a strong commitment to harm reduction principals.
Here is a small sample of services offered through IDUHA agencies:
- Syringe Exchange
- Safe Syringe Disposal
- Supply Distribution (Safer Injection, Safer Sex, Safer Smoking, Hygiene)
- Risk Reduction Education
- Peer Education
- Overdose Prevention Education and Narcan Training
- HIV Counseling & Testing
- Hepatitis C Counseling & Testing
- Hepatitis A & B Vaccinations
- STI Screening and Treatment
- Case Management
- Supportive Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Psychiatric Services
- Treatment Adherence
- Evidence-Based Interventions
- Interventions to Groups
- Partner Services
- Buprenorphine Counseling and Provision
- Food & Nutrition Services
If you are a drug user in New York City in need of services, please contact the program closest to you.