Praxis Housing Initiatives is NYC’s largest provider of transitional housing to homeless people with HIV/AIDS and is one of city’s lowest cost/highest service housing providers.
Praxis houses nearly 400 people a night and approximately 1,200 homeless individuals with HIV/AIDS each year.
Praxis Housing uses a low threshold case management approach incorporating a Harm Reduction & Wellness Model.
Praxis Housing Initiatives operates four transitional housing residences 3 in Manhattan and 1 in Brooklyn New York. Praxis Housing also operates a Scatter Site I program out of Bronx and Brooklyn locations.
ESAP Services are provided for our in-house residents and Scatter Site clients.
Praxis Housing Work Force Development program provides adult literacy, educational & vocational assessment and placement services. Job readiness training programs and stipend position. Praxis has employed many people who successfully transitioned through its program – from homelessness to permanent housing and gainful employment.
Programs and Services
- Emergency Supportive Transitional Housing
- Independent Living Skills Development
- Health Services & Referrals
- HIV/AIDS Treatment Adherence Education & Support
- Case Management Services
- Expanded Syringe Access Program (E.S.A.P.)
- Opiate Overdose Prevention Training
- Recovery Readiness Support Groups (12 Step)
- Hepatitis Education & Referrals
- Scatter Site I Program
- Housing Placement Assistance
- Educational & Support Group Services
- Nutritional Counseling Services Referrals (linkage)
- Entitlement Advocacy
- Understanding Your Government Workshops (VOCAL NY) linkage
- Re-Entry Legal Advocacy (legal Action Center) linkage
- Workforce Development Program