Harlem United: Community AIDS Center
Harlem United: Community AIDS Center, Inc. is a community based organization that provides healthcare, housing and prevention services to low income New Yorkers.
In 2007 Harlem United and FROST’D, a harm reduction agency with a Syringe Exchange Program, formed a strategic alliance to enhance the continuity of care for participants of both organizations.
Today, harm reduction services including Syringe Exchange, have become key to improving the health and lives of many Harlem United participants.
Harm Reduction services include the following and more.
– Individual harm reduction counseling
– Harm reduction support groups
– Opiate Overdose Prevention Trainings
– Education around safer injection practices and safer sex practices
– Escorts to HCV care and treatment
– HCV treatment for those who are actively using
Beyond these services, Harlem United seeks to meet participants where they are by providing all of the agency’s services in a nonjudgmental, client-centered way.
For more information or to get involved with our harm reduction programs, visit www.harlemunited.org/harmreduction
To find needle exchange locations, visit www.harlemunited.org/needleexchange